The Winter Olympics are thrilled and honoured to be kicking off the new Keep Pop Loud Records compilation album: Keep Pop Loud.
Until this morning, my favourite ever indie compilation album was the frankly astonishing Indie Top 20: Volume VII - BOOM! Monkey Gone to Heaven BAM! Made of Stone ERM! Man From Delmonte. What. A. Tape. I thought nothing could ever take its place.
Then I saw the tracklisting for KEEP POP LOUD:
01. The Winter Olympics – I Miss The Nineties
02. BLESSA – Atlas
03. MJ Hibbett – 2000AD Nan
04. The Half Rabbits – Gasoline
05. Bordeauxxx – Every Holiday Is A Disaster
06. Screaming Maldini – Monkey See Badger Do (New Version)
07. Dogs Die In Hot Cars – Beauty US
08. Pocket Satellite – Man On A Boat
09. Kidnapper Bell – Everything Ever
10. Best Friends – Surf Bitches
11. Pris – Icon On A Motorbike
12. Among Brothers – Bare Teeth
13. Twenty Three Persons – Something Colin Wore
14. H Bird – A Millionairess In A Ruby Ring
15. Glam Chops (featuring The Panther Girls & The Glitter Twins) - Tarzan’s Glam Rock Adventure
Pretty amazing, I think you’ll agree. We’re impossibly chuffed to sit alongside a host of hot new talent like Pris and Screaming Maldini, as well as our top indie friends and mentors (frien-tors) MJ Hibbett (pretty much the man who invented Office Rock) and Glam Chops’ Eddie Argos - guys, we will always be the Sugar Luv to your Freak Scene (this joke is exclusively for anyone with a worn out copy of Indie Top 20 Volume VII).
Released on September 12th, each CD comes in a sleeve made from second hand clothes and cool fabrics that ensures it is unique. There are only 100 copies available (and I just bought one) so if you have any sense you will, RUN with your fivers in the air to the Keep Pop Loud store and pre-order your copy today. Oh go on, it’ll be brilliant.